GREENTINGS COPYRIGHT 2022 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Earth Day is a global event celebrated annually on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. This year, it’s time to show the planet some love by making sustainable choices that will benefit our environment in the long-term. In this blog, we’re sharing 5 simple habits that you can start today to help sustain the planet.
- Switch to reusable bags We all love convenience, but did you know that plastic bags take hundreds of years to degrade? They pollute our oceans, harm marine life and negatively impact our environment. We can do our part by using reusable bags instead of single-use plastics that end up in landfills. So next time you’re out shopping, take a reusable bag with you.
- Use sustainable transport One of the most significant contributors to carbon emissions is transportation. Consider biking, walking, or taking public transportation instead of driving alone. Not only will you save money, but it also helps reduce your carbon footprint.
- Support local farmers Supporting local farmers not only promotes healthy and sustainable eating habits but also encourages the production of organic crops. Buying locally also helps reduce carbon emissions resulting from the transportation of goods.
- Conserve water Did you know that fresh water makes up only 2.5% of the Earth’s water? We must conserve this valuable resource by minimizing water usage in our households. Install low-flow showerheads, fix leaks and turn off taps to conserve water usage in your home.
- Plant Trees Trees absorb carbon dioxide, a significant contributor to climate change, and provide us with oxygen. Planting trees is one of the most effective methods of reducing our carbon footprint and helping to sustain the planet. Join a tree planting event in your community or plant trees in your backyard.
- Use eco friendly reusable cards The reusability of reusable cards make them an environmentally friendly alternative to most traditional single use cards. Choose cards like Greentings that are made from post consumer waste and are fully recyclable.
Small changes in daily habits can make a significant impact on the planet. This Earth Day, let’s commit to making environmentally friendly choices and adopting sustainable habits that will benefit our planet in the long-term. Being mindful of our actions and the effects they have on the environment is a great step towards creating a healthier ecosystem. Let’s make every day an Earth day!